Hello families! The following resources are available and free for all age groups. Please see your child's grade level for specific work from his or her teacher.
- Arcademic - https://www.arcademics.com/
Arcade-like games that teach a variety of subjects for grades 1-6.
- BrainPOP - https://www.brainpop.com/
Highly recommended - K-8 and ELL online resource for learning almost every subject. Courses include videos, games, quizzes, vocab, and related reading.
- Education.com - https://www.education.com/
Preschool through 5th grade activities and lessons. Skills based and syncs with standard school year calendar.
- IXL - https://www.ixl.com/
Skills-based, adaptive, personalized learning for PreK-12 in math, language arts, science, social studies, and Spanish.
- Khan Academy - https://www.khanacademy.org/
Highly recommended - Created by experts, Khan Academy’s library of trusted, standards-aligned practice and lessons covers math K-12 through early college, grammar, science, history, AP®, SAT®, and more. Students practice at their own pace, first filling in gaps in their understanding and then accelerating their learning. Free.
- Mystery Doug - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPRCRM3JKm3sw55lB_427qg
Short (~5min) videos that investigate and explore questions asked by real students.
- Outschool - https://outschool.com/
Highly recommended - Live Online Classes for Ages 3-18. Small group video chat classes—created and taught by inspiring teachers. Variable cost starting at $5/class.
- PBS Learning Media - https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/
Standards aligned videos, interactive lesson plans, and more for just about every subject. Early learning through high school. Free.
- Teachers Pay Teachers - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/
Over 3 million free and paid resources, created by educators, on the full spectrum of subjects and grade levels. Search for curriculum or activities to do at home.
- The Great Courses - https://www.thegreatcourses.com/
Online repository of courses in almost every topic for all agesArt
- The Art Sherpa - https://www.youtube.com/user/HoneyBmama
Live streaming and previously recorded videos that teach a variety of painting techniques and projects.
- Art with Everyone - https://www.patreon.com/AWEStudio
Drawing and painting tutorials for all ages and skill levels.
- Smithsonian Art & Design - https://www.si.edu/explore/art
Coding and Computer Science
- Code.org - https://code.org/
Online learning platform to teach K-12 students coding and computer science. Used by schools and districts worldwide, with a focus on increasing participation by women and underrepresented youth. Makers of the Hour of Code: https://hourofcode.com/us
- Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/
Free, online coding platform developed by MIT Media Lab for children using intuitive drag and drop visual interface that teaches coding basics. Kids can program their own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share their creations with others in the online community
- Night Zoo Keeper - https://www.nightzookeeper.com/
Online writing tool and library of interactive lessons. Fun, engaging games that increase vocabulary and improve spelling. Puzzles and challenges that develop grammar and structure skills. Inspiring prompts and story creation lessons that spark imaginations.
- Reading Eggs - https://readingeggs.com/
Learn to read with online games and activities.
- Starfall - https://www.starfall.com/
K-3 reading and educational games platform. Stories, songs, and other activities.
- Story Pirates - https://www.storypirates.com/
Podcast of stories by children and story writing inspiration.
- Teach Your Monster to Read - https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
Even if you know how to read - you should visit this site. Teach Your Monster to Read is a fun, adventure-based game that teaches phonics and reading along the way. Help your monster rescue a friend from the goblin king as you travel through the galaxy. So fun you will want to learn to read all over again!
- Beast Academy - https://beastacademy.com/
Online math and problem solving for ages 8-13. Fun, comic-book style format.
- Dragonbox - https://dragonbox.com/
Math apps developed by educational experts, dedicated teachers, game developers, designers, cognitive scientists, writers and artists who are passionate about creating innovative and engaging game based learning tools.
- Dreambox - https://www.dreambox.com/
Adaptive, online K-8 math program that is personalized and standards aligned.
- Global Math Project - http://www.jamestanton.com/
Join students from around the world on a global math project (Exploding Dots) that is mathematical story that starts at the very beginning of mathematics, assuming nothing, and swiftly takes you on a “wondrous journey” through grade school arithmetic, high-school polynomials algebra, infinite sums, and advanced mathematics and unsolved research problems baffling mathematicians still to this day. Ages 10+. Free.
- Prodigy Math - https://www.prodigygame.com/
Engaging, curriculum-aligned math platform for grades 1-8. Game-based, adaptive, and personalized. Free.
Science & Technology
- General & Multi-Discipline Science
- The Science Guys - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSciGuys
Educational science videos that can be done at home and for all ages. We explain all concepts and experiments using fun animations.
- Science Max - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbprhISv-0ReKPPyhf7-Dtw
YouTube series that explores common science experiments kids do at home and “turbocharges” them.
- Smithsonian Science & Nature - https://www.si.edu/explore/science
- Astronomy - http://www.cosmos4kids.com/
Universe, galaxy, stars, systems, solar system, and exploration.
- Dancing Mat from BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2f9j6/articles/z3c6tfr
There are four levels to play, each divided into three stages. You start by learning the home row keys. Each stage builds on previous lessons, introducing new letters as you progress. Kids love it!
Duolingo - https://www.duolingo.com/
Learn close to 25 different languages using a fun and intuitive app that incentivizes learning through points and levels