November 29, 2020
Dear Austin ISD,
In our effort to minimize the post-holiday spread of COVID-19, all campuses will be in a remote setting the week of Nov. 30 - Dec. 4. In order to further curb the impact on our community, beginning Wednesday, Dec. 2, we will also offer three days of districtwide, drive-through, rapid testing for all on-campus students and staff, who will physically report to campus for teaching and learning. Testing is strongly recommended for those that are showing COVID-19 symptoms, those that have had close contact with someone that is positive or showing symptoms for COVID-19, and those that recently traveled for the holidays.
We will offer drive-through, COVID-19 testing at the following dates, times, and locations:
Testing Site Locations
- Burger Stadium
- Dobie Middle School
- Mendez Middle School
- Navarro Early College High School
- Northeast Early College High School
- Travis Early College High School
Dates and Times for ALL Locations
Wednesday, December 2nd from 9:30am-6:00pm
Thursday, December 3rd from 8:00am-4:30pm
Friday, December 4th from 8:00am-4:30pm
Items to Bring on Scheduled Date of Testing
- Completed Child/Student or Adult/Staff Consent Form
- Student/Employee ID
- Driver’s License or State ID (if applicable)
- Mask (all members in vehicle should have a mask on when arriving to the testing site)
- Parent/Guardian present if student is under the age of 18 (A student under 18 years of age may come unaccompanied to the testing site if parent/guardian has fully completed consent form. Any missing information on the consent form may lead to the student being turned away.)
To sign up for drive-through testing at an AISD site, please register here:
In addition to the testing that we are offering for on-campus students and staff, two of the six AISD testing sites (Burger Stadium and Northeast Early College High School) will have Austin Public Health (APH) present to administer a limited amount of COVID-19 tests to household members for students’ families that register by Monday, November 30th at 5:00pm.
For virtual learners/workers and those that are getting tested at other locations that also want family members to get tested as well, you can schedule testing on the same days with Austin Public Health by visiting COVID19.AustinTexas.gov or by calling 512-972-5560.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Health Services